At Health Choice Arizona, we know that preventative health care will make your entire life better!
Please take advantage of your AHCCCS medical benefits with Health Choice to have yourself, a family member, and most importantly a child, seen regularly for medical care and NOT just when you are feeling sick.
Adult Preventative Services
The Unites States Preventative Services Task Force (USPSTF) is an independent panel of experts in primary care and prevention that works to improve the health of all Americans by recommendations about clinical preventative services. These include:
- counseling services
- preventative medications
Click here for their recommendations.
The National Centers for Disease Control (CDC) make recommendations for how and when children and adults should receive vaccinations to help fight or prevent diseases.
For easy-to-read formats to print, tools to download and ways to prepare for your office visit click on the link below:
Health Screenings for Adults
Health Choice encourages physicians and patients alike to become familiar with these recommendations for regular health screenings. Just a few examples of important health screenings are listed below:
- Mammograms to test for breast cancer every 1 to 2 years after age 40.
- “Pap” smears to test at least annually for cervical cancer if you’re sexually active female with a cervix.
- Bone density testing for Osteoporosis for postmenopausal women over age 65, or over age 60 where risk factors are present.
- Cholesterol testing for women over age 45, or sooner where there are risk factors present for Coronary Heart Disease.
- Health Choice Arizona covers family planning services for women. For information about Family Planning, click here.
- Prostate physical exams and blood tests for men over age 50, and potentially sooner where specific risk factors are present.
- Cholesterol testing for men over age 35, or sooner where there are risk factors present for Coronary Heart Disease.
For Both Men and Women:
- Colon cancer screening over the age of 50, and at times sooner where there is a known family history of color cancer.
- Screening for high blood pressure for those 18 years and older.
- Diabetes screening for patients with both high blood pressure and high cholesterol, and in others where risk factors are present.
- Tobacco screening for all patients and strong counseling to quit any age.
- Skin cancer screening exams regularly for all patients at any age.
Health and Wellness Programs for Adults
Healthy Heart Campaign
If you are living with diabetes, high cholesterol and/or heart disease, our Healthy Heart Campaign can help you reach your fullest potential of health. Health Choice case managers reach out to each member in the program to educate you on your disease, provide information about medication, help you understand your doctor’s instructions, schedule appointments and help find needed health and community resources.
Living with HepC
For members living with Hepatitis-C, the Living with HepC case managers will reach out to educate about Hepatitis-C, to educate you on your disease, provide information about medication, help you understand your doctor’s instructions, schedule appointments and help find needed health and community resources.
Seeing your doctor for regular checkups and health screenings is one of the most important things you can do to stay healthy.
To learn more about your benefits, click here or call Member Services toll-free at 1-800-322-8670.
Pregnant women can register for our Stork Program and receive information and guidance from our maternity nurses to help them have a healthy pregnancy.
To learn more, click here.
To register for the Stork Program, call Member Services toll-free at 1-800-828-7514.