Health Choice Arizona is keeping up with the latest developments about the COVID-19 illness. Below are some tips to protect your health.
How to protect yourself
- Most important: Stay home when you are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Know the signs and symptoms of COVID-19: fever, cough and shortness of breath.
- See more tips from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Concerned about symptoms?
Call your doctor: If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop a fever and symptoms, such as cough or difficulty breathing, call your healthcare provider for medical advice.
We are here to help.
If you have questions, please call us at 1-800-322-8670, TTY 711, 6 am to 6 pm, 7 days a week.
For COVID-19 Information and Updates
Please refer to these websites:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Arizona Department of Health Services website
COVID-19: AHCCCS Frequently Asked Questions
HealthCurrent COVID-19 AHCCCS Provider Resources
CVS Health – COVID -19 Testing Information/Locations
Get Tested COVID-19 – Find Testing Locations near you
Provider Education Resources
Notice: Providers Can Be Reimbursed for COVID-19 Testing and Treatment of Uninsured Arizonans through Federal HRSA Web Portal
COVID-19: Medicare Provider Enrollment Relief Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
COVID-19 Telehealth Practices
COVID-19: Emergency Declaration Health Care Providers Fact Sheet
COVID-19: Recommendations for provider preparedness
COVID-19: Specimen Guide
COVID-19: Specimen Collection and Shipping Instructions
Resources for Tribal Communities
Stay at Home Flyer
DIY Cloth Face Cover Instructions
Caring for Yourself at Home During COVID-19
How to Care for Someone at Home During COVID-19
Funeral and Burial Services for Tribal Communities
Available Mental Health Apps
Virtual Recovery for Mental/Substance Use Disorders
Guidance for Providers Helping Elders with COVID-19
Managing Stress and Anxiety for Providers during COVID-19
COVID-19 Video Resources