At Health Choice Arizona, we know that preventive health care will make your entire
life better! Please take advantage of your AHCCCS medical benefits with Health Choice
to have yourself, a family member, and most importantly a child, seen regularly
for medical care and NOT just when you are feeling sick.
Adult Preventive Services
The United States Preventative Services Task Force (USPSTF) is an independent panel
of experts in primary care and prevention that works to improve the health of all
Americans by recommendations about clinical preventive services. These include:
- Counseling services.
- Preventive medications.
Click on the link below for view their recommendations:
U.S. Preventative Services Task Force
The National Centers for Disease Control (CDC) make recommendations for how and
when children and adults should receive vaccinations to help fight or prevent diseases.
For easy-to-read formats to print, tools to download and ways to prepare for your
office visit click on the link below:
for Disease Control (CDC)
Health Screenings for Adults
Health Choice encourages physicians and patients alike to become familiar with these
recommendations for regular health screenings. Just a few examples of important
health screenings are listed below:
- Mammograms to test for breast cancer every 1 to 2 years after age 40.
- "Pap" smears to test at least annually for cervical cancer if you're a sexually
active female with a cervix.
- Bone density testing for Osteoporosis for postmenopausal women over age 65, or over
age 60 where risk factors are present
- Cholesterol testing for women over age 45, or sooner where there are risk factors
present for Coronary Heart Disease.
- Health Choice Arizona covers family planning services for women. For information
about Family Planning, click
- Prostate physical exams and blood tests for men over age 50, and potentially sooner
where specific risk factors are present.
- Cholesterol testing for men over age 35, or sooner where there are risk factors
present for Coronary Heart Disease.
For Both Men and Women:
- Colon cancer screening over the age of 50, and at times sooner where there is a
known family history of colon cancer
- Screening for high blood pressure for those 18 years and older.
- Diabetes screening for patients with both high blood pressure and high cholesterol,
and in other where other risk factors are present.
- Tobacco screening for all patients and strong counseling to quit at any age.
- Skin cancer screening exams regularly for all patients at any age.
Health and Wellness Programs for Adults
Healthy Heart Campaign
If you are living with diabetes, high cholesterol and/or heart disease, our Healthy
Heart Campaign can help you reach your fullest potential of health. Health Choice
case managers reach out to each member in the program to educate you on your disease,
provide information about medication, help you understand your doctor’s instructions,
schedule appointments and help find needed health and community resources.
Living with HepC
For members living with Hepatitis-C, the Living with HepC case managers will reach
out to educate about Hepatitis-C, to educate you on your disease, provide information
about medication, help you understand your doctor’s instructions, schedule
appointments and help find needed health and community resources.
Seeing your doctor for regular check-ups and health screenings is one of the most
important things you can do to stay healthy.
To learn more about your benefits, click
here or call Member Services
toll-free at 1-800-322-8670.
Pregnant women can register for our Stork Program and receive information and guidance
from our maternity nurses to help them have a healthy pregnancy.
To learn more, click
To register for the Stork Program, call Member Services toll-free at 1-800-828-7514.