The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS) has partnered with Contexture, Arizona’s health information exchange (HIE), to begin a statewide HIE initiative. As an AHCCCS health plan, BCBSAZ Health Choice is asking our providers to participate in this initiative as the more providers that are in the system, the more benefits there are for both providers and coordinating patient care.
Signing up for the HIE through Contexture gives you many benefits like:
- Improves care coordination and transitions
- Reduces duplicate tests and procedures
- Helps avoid costly mistakes and improves patient safety
- Saves time by eliminating calls, faxes to
- Reduces costs and improves health outcomes
Funding Available for Arizona Healthcare Providers
The Arizona HIE Data Supplier Incentive Program
Earn $5K or More | Do Well by Doing Good.
The Arizona HIE is pleased to offer a new financial incentive program for select AHCCCS providers participating in the Arizona HIE to encourage data sharing.
More data available to the HIE community gives participating providers a more complete picture of their patients, increasing their ability to deliver the right care to the right patient at the right time.
The new program also serves as a financial tool to offset costs incurred by organizations in establishing the interface for sending data to the Arizona HIE. Ultimately, sharing data with the HIE not only benefits the greater community, it’s also good for your organization’s bottom line.
Eligible AHCCCS Provider Types
- Hospitals & Other Inpatient Facilities
- IHS and 638 Tribally Owned and/or Operated Facilities
- Individual Practitioners: MD, DO, PA, NP
- Integrated Clinics
- Behavioral Health Outpatient Clinics
- Nursing Facilities
- Home Health & Hospice
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- Labs & Imaging Centers
- Other HIE Participant Facilities/Agencies
To join, contact your Arizona HIE account manager today or download the Data Supplier Program flier.
Find Out More:
To obtain additional program information and to determine your organization’s eligibility: